THE WORD FOR TODAY
HOLD ON TO GOD
TEXT: Psalm 118:5 “Says”‘I called on the Lord in distress; the Lord answered me
The word of God says,by strength shall no man prevail. No one can run a race of life alone except by the divine great support of God. The psalmist said, I called on the Lord in distress, the Lord answered me.. No one is above the distress of life except by holding on to the sustainer of Life. No matter the distress of life you are facing, the great Anchor is there,Our Lord Jesus Christ
At age twenty-six, Thomas started a publishing company and founded the National Convention of Gospel Choirs and Choruses in America. He worked with some of the greatest singers in the history of Gospel music, including Mahalia Jackson.
But one night after singing to a Saint Louis audience, he was handed a telegram that said, ‘Your wife just died.’ She had passed away in childbirth. Thomas hurried back home to Chicago, where his newborn son died the following day. He plunged into depression, avoided people, and grew angry with God. ‘I felt God had done me an injustice. I didn’t want to serve Him anymore or write Gospel songs.’
Then a friend took him to a neighbourhood music school. That evening Thomas sat down at a piano and began to play… and pray. He poured out his heart to God, and what wonderful words they were: ‘Precious Lord, take my hand, lead me on, let me stand, I am tired, I am weak, I am worn; through the storm, through the night, lead me on to the light: take my hand, precious Lord, lead me home.’
Thomas A. Dorsey testified that the Lord healed him that night as he sat at the piano. He went on to pen more than a thousand songs and become one of the most influential Christian songwriters of all time. All because he reached out to God for help. So the word for today is to hold on to God Almighty
In (1 Corinthians 15:58) Says, Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord , forasmuch as ye know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord. Don’t be moved with the distress you are facing but to hold on to God.
(1) Heavenly Father, thanks for the breaking of the new day You made me to witness again.
(2) My Father, Uphold me with Your Mighty Hand , in the name of Jesus.
(3) O Lord, deliver me today from the power of distresses, in the name of Jesus.
(4) O Lord Jesus, be My Anchor that I hold on to, in the name of Jesus.
(5) This week must favour me and my family, in the name of Jesus.
(6) I take possession of this week , in the name of Jesus.
(7) I speak to this week, favour me and my family, bless me and my family, in the name of Jesus.
(8) My eyes must not see evil on my family, and my family must not see evil on me, in the name.
(9) Messengers of good news this week, locate me and my family , in the name of Jesus.
(10) Mercy speak for me and my family this week, in the name of Jesus.
Stay blessed and have a blessed new week. Shalom!
Prophet Felix O. Akinyomi.
June 01, 2020
May 26, 2020
March 07, 2023